Recommended Graphics Card for EPOX 8KHA+, problems with Hercules Prophet 3D 4500 64MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics Card

I am taking a survey for anyone who has an EPOX 8KHA+ Mobo... specifically what graphics card do you use and how do you like it?

Also, how much memory do you have and which OS?

The reason I am asking is because I have the following:

Epox 8KHA+
WinME
Hercules Prophet 3D 4500 64MB
512mb RAM (1 stick)

I have had all kinds of problems with my graphics and am about to the point where I am sick of trouble shooting and ready to just buy a new card...

I want to spend around $150 dollars or so, but I could spend over $300 if the right card came along...

Please let me know if you use this mobo and what card you have and if it works good... or if you just want to let me know what card you use and how it is that's find!!!

Thanks,
Dan L.

You have the latest drivers from Hercules?
You have the latest motherboard drivers from Epox or Via?

I see from your other post that you have these already :(
From what others have said its getting better with each driver release. But if you really want to switch cards the Geforce3Ti cards have come down in price (3Ti200 for about $125) with the release of the Geforce4.
Also the ATI Radeon 7500($83.50) and 8500 (can be found for as little as $149)

3DSpotlight Pricegrabber video card prices

I would have to place my vote for the ATI Radeon 8500 as this is the card I currently have. I have been very happy with the amount of beta drivers 'leaked' from ATI in the past two months. The lack of updated drivers was/is a major concern for many people (myself included), but they seem to be headed in the correct direction.

I have been able to turn up all the textures to 'max' on all my games when playing in 1024x768x32 with no appreciable drop in frame rates.

Win98SE
512MB
8500 with 9009 drivers

I would also recommend examining the GeForce 3 TI 200. A couple of friends have those cards and are very pleased with the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back