Record Number Of Virus Infections Found On Working System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcaceit

Hi Everyone

Saw a post today saying that a virus scanner found over 4000 infections

WOW WOW...

I once found over 700 instances but that was misleading because i believe the scanner chased a worm as it wormed its way through about 300 locations.
That was the most i had seen on any system until i went on a callout to a business because of a system slow startup and lockups. Some infection had disabled the antivirus software.

Well Halfway through the first scan i said to the manager at the rate its going you are going to have about 1500.

Of course there were 1499 "unbelivable" so i told the manager that he holds my record for most infected system. The office staff were happy that they Had some sort of record and pinned the logs on a notice board complete with Heading "Most virus infected system award", but they were a bit dissappointed because they did'nt make the 1500 benchmark.

So come on Everyone who has found the most Virus infected still working system ever? I'M talking virus not spyware/adware etc..(Fables not allowed).

Regards Pcaceit

That is amazing man. I see these numbers with spyware but never with viruses. I never thought it was possible to have that many viruses and still have a working computer.

Two things -

1.The distinction between viruses and spyware is so
blurred nowadays,it would difficult to know what counted as an infection
in the terms you decribe.

2.As you mentioned a single viruses can replicate and leave traces
in hundreds of places.Different scanners detect and report such infections
in different ways.Unless you interrogate each poster to this thread
about the type of scanners,they were using and the type of infections
found,it would be impossible to compare the numbers given.

The largest number of individual distinct viruses on my machine has been one.
Anymore bids please :)

So you are saying that it could just be one virus that has just traveled through the computer basically crapping all over the place.

im sorry, but i have recently cleaned out a pc (working) with over 4600 viruses/worms/trojans. Spyware not included. About 1000 were a few chased worms, and another 500 probably quarantine. Whatever, subtract the number you still have thousands.haha!!

Toddy

now i actually READ the post a littlemore accuratley, the post was mine, lol - and yeah like i said, many was just one or two viruses craping all over the place. still 1 or 2 thousand real ones! ive got the virus scan somewhere i took a screen shot lol!!!

I made video on mobile phone at the time i got 1499. I might even have a copy of the log of it saved somewhere. and LoL i did actually read the whole log to make surethat all the entries were Virus. there were were thousands of spyware in a dedidcated spyware/adware scan.

But you know the difference between virus,spyware,trojans,malware in definition is a whole new story.

In my time i have found viruses that were trojan spyware??? symptons when you deleted it it wormed around the system but actually did not affect functionallity. Zone alarm allerted that the process it started was trying to send personal info to the net. i allerted zone labs and amazed me that they created and posted fix within two hours.

Amazing how some PC's still work with that many virus considering that a single virus can burn out your mobo psu or render your Hdd unusable.

TypeX45 said:
So you are saying that it could just be one virus that has just traveled through the computer basically crapping all over the place.

Yes! as your virus scan accesses the infection it just infects another location, so thats why an offline virus scan at boot up is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back