TechSpot

Record up to 12 channels at once with Verizon Quantum TV DVRs

By Shawn Knight
Apr 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Verizon first showed off its Verizon Media Server at the Consumer Electronics Show this past January in Las Vegas. The IPTV DVR hub, which carries six tuners and a 1TB hard drive, is now shipping in select markets as part...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

This seems significantly better to the cloud DVR I get through Optimum.

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

If you're recording 12 channels at once, you really HAVE NO LIFE. ;)

davislane1, 9Nails and VitalyT like this.
  4. There's never that many good things simultaneously on TV. There's almost never that many good things on TV in an entire day either.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Its really only 6, you have to pair 2 to get 12. But even at that, 6 channels presumably in HD at once is a lot of writing/fragmenting going on with the drive (presuming it is mechanical). That can't be good on the drive.

Then on top of that you only have 1TB of storage, doesn't seem like you are going to be able to store a whole lot on that drive. Silver lining of that may be that when the drive fails, you haven't lost as much as you otherwise would have.

6. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Booster Posts: 206   +30

So that's like a $132.00 a month for boxes and dvr's add programming and internet and it like $300.00 + dollars a month. I like how these companies sit around and come up with this useless crap

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,547   +2,346

My immediate thought when I read the figures was, "Who has that much time?!"