TechSpot

Recording Gears of War

By ThrasherFan22
Sep 1, 2007
  1. I would like to record myself playing Gears of War on my 360 by using a capture card to make sniper parodys and such. Could anyone tell me the best choice for one at the lowest price?

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

The best you can get when it comes to recording for cheap is a ATI TV Wonder 200 ( I got it too )

It's pretty simple too, all you do is plug the card into a empty PCI slot, plug the red / yellow / white cords into the adapter that comes with it, press on ATI Media Catalyst and it'll pop up there in a little box then you record :)

When you press stop ( or the record button again ) it'll save it to a .avi file on your desktop or where every you wanted it to be saved into then edit with a program like Windows Movie Maker ( if you have better use it, Windows Movie Maker sucks :haha: ) and save it to a file other then .avi that Youtube can host and you're good to go :)

3. ThrasherFan22

ThrasherFan22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 74

What about the recording itself? Do you have to connect it wirelessly or what?

4. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

What?

All you do is plug in the PCI card, connect the 3 cords ( Yellow, red, white ) into the adapter that comes with it, it appears on your monitor, you press Record and you're good to go. It records in very good quality ( If you watch G4TV it's how they record games when they review them and stuff )

5. ThrasherFan22

ThrasherFan22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 74

Oh, sorry. I had misread the post. I wasn't thinking about the red,white, and yellow plug-ins from the Xbox. Thanks for the post. :]

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.