1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Recover deleted recovery partition

By Niraj Gandha ยท 5 replies
Mar 17, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. Actually, I have changed the harddisk from my dell inspiron 3521. Now I want all the drivers and key came from dell into my new harddisk. I have the dell recovery disk but the recovery partition on hdd is deleted. what should I do?

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,821   +706

Of course it's deleted as the new HD didn't come with an OS. You can get the Dell Drivers from their support site and download to a thumbdrive. You need a Recovery CD or to perform a Clean Install from a MS Install CD

3. Niraj Gandha

Niraj Gandha TS Rookie Topic Starter

But I want my original laptop back with same recovery partition. What should I do,?

4. jobeard

Of course you do - - that is now ONLY possible using a backup you've already taken.

5. Niraj Gandha

Niraj Gandha TS Rookie Topic Starter

But how and what is the full way to do that. I want that OEM partition back.

6. jobeard

Depending upon HOW you took that backup, it may or may not be there. 99% of the time we never access that partition unless you perform a day-1 reset and that destroys all your user data anyway. You need to focus on getting that new HD to contain a valid OS.