Recovered from virus but computer still not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackGallagher

I recovered (I think) from W32.myzor.fk@yf (i dont get error messages and home page is normal and no protection bar anymore), after following a guide from one of the forums on this site. My computer was working fine then all of a sudden froze and restarted, then took like 10mins to boot up and was very slow, got a warning saying my odysee client could not start and also an error about realtec HD audio manager. The internet also stopped working for 5 mins even though was connected and had ip address e.t.c. then it just started working. Did a scan with norton and no virus were found. Has been fine for last 20 or so minutes but was fine for like 40 mins earlier and then froze and said windows has recovered from a serious error.

Also when reeboted a blue screen came up and said it was cheking disk or something along those lines and dis scans of my hard drive i think in 3 steps.
VERY DETAILED I KNOW BUT I WANT TO BE AS MUCH HELP AS I CAN.

Memory errors sometimes take hours to show themselves, as do other components... but memory and video graphics are good places to start testing... see memtest86 at www.memtest.org.
Any hardware device can cause those problems so it becomes difficult to get down to the narrow truth.

Its very laate so may have taken that wrong, but i used that smitfraud thing to vlean it up 3-4 days ago.
P.S I have just also noticed my clock on pc is wrong and this has never happened before as they automatically update dont they?

We need to make sure your system is clean, before looking at other possibilities. Post the requested HJT log and then we`ll see.

Regards Howard :)

There`s nothing particularly nasty in your HJT log, although you should get rid of this entry.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\windows\ALCMTR.EXE

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall the following(if there).

Olivetti
ANY_WAY

Close control panel. The above programme is known to cause problems on occasion. See how your system runs once you`ve uninstalled it.

Thankyou for your help it is very much apreciated as if i had to wipe my pc as my uncle told me i would have lost all of my essays and english coursework, so infact you saved my life. lol. :)
Can i reinstall my olivetti any_way software now i have done what instructed as it is the drivers to my printer.
Many Thanks,
jack gallagher

Run your system for a while and see if you have any further problems. If your system runs ok, then by all means reinstall the olivetti any_way software and see what happens. It`s probably a good idea to see if you can find any updates for the programme.

This thread is for the use of JackGallagher only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OK. my system seems to be running fine atm so looks well. Once again thankyou very much for your help as you have saved me a lot of time, work and money,
many thanks,
jackgallagher

JackGallagher said:
...if i had to wipe my pc as my uncle told me i would have lost all of my essays and english coursework...

Also, now that you've got your system working again, it would be a good idea to burn a copy of all of your important files to a CD or a DVD just in case something like this happens in the future. If you don't have CD or DVD burner, you could copy your files to an external USB (if you have one) or slave the drive in another computer and copy the files over.

...or you could email all of your files to yourself, find a storage website, and finally put them on floppies.

OK thanks for your advice. My pc was fine after i did them tasks but it took like 30mins to turn off. Then when i turned it back on it said Odysee clients could not be created and also an error message about remote assistance could not be reached and then a little box came up telling me to save all work as computer would be turned off in 30 seconds and had a count down timer. Also had that thing to send microsoft had error message. When i clicked on a link on the error report it took me to this page http://http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Response.aspx/10/en-us/5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0?SGD=7deec117-fe40-432f-85ce-a2e92f72fe4e

Download and run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Uninstall and reinstall the Odyssey client software.

Let us know the results.

This thread is for the use of JackGallagher only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok im just downloadin the malicious software removal. If this helps diagnose the problem this time when turning on my pc messages came up saying;
ZUNE NETEORK SHARING SERVICE,
WINDOWS EXPLORER,
and MOTOROLA SM56 WIN32 UTILITY,
have encountered a problem and need to close.
The error report led me to this page
=http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....2.0?SGD=862a3dfa-dd2a-4931-9b54-0848939ec067
I followed the instructions on this link and the files which had errors were;
C:\WINDOWS\SM56HLPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHELL32.DLL
C:\PROGRAMFILES\ZUNE\ ZUNEMDE.DLL,
then i did the check disk thing when it next restarts. Shall I delete theese files and reinstall the programs? but im not sure about the system32 thing. The computer is still extreemely slow to turn on and off.
Many thanks,
jackgallagher

Something`s drastically wrong here. Once you`ve run the Malicious software tool let me know if it finds anything. Either you have a virus that`s infecting your files, or you`ve got an OS corruption problem and maybe possibly a hardware problem.

Don`t delete anything at the moment.

Download the AVG Antirootkit programme. Disconnect from the net and install the programme, then restart your computer.

Run the programme and click the click "Perform in-depth search." Allow AVG to complete the scan. The AVG scanner will give the "Rootkit path"
* Select the Rootkit Driver by placing a checkmark against it and click "Remove selected items." Next, agree for the terms and conditions that is displayed by AVG and click "OK" to reboot the PC. Reconnect to the net.

I need to know the results of the rootkit scan and the malicious software removal tool and please post a fresh HJT log.

The anti-root kit and microsoft malicious software remover both found nothing. But i noticed that when i rebboted no error messages came up even though i have not done anything, may be a coincidence. Here is my HJT log.
many thanks,
jackgallagher

Your HJT log is clean.

no error messages came up even though i have not done anything, may be a coincidence.

It may be a coincidence, see how your system runs. If you have any further unexplained problems, run the tests below.

Download and run the hard drive diagnostic tool from your hard drive manufacturers website. If you can`t find it, then take a look at this thread HERE.

Check your ram with the Memtest86+ programme. See this thread HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back