TechSpot

Recovering a recovered file which is in dbf format

By Shayan Taheri
Sep 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    About one weak ago unfortunately I wiped my internal storage and Iost my everything,
    I tried to recover my data using hexamob android application(My device is samsung galaxy tab 8.9)
    After two times trying, I recovered almost 32GB of data but almost all of them are in dbf format which I'm not familiar with, so I don't know if it is possible to recover these files to my images, movies, etc
    Any helps desperately appreciated

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,022   +591

dbf files are used for Database storage - - you need the application that created them to access the data

3. Shayan Taheri

Shayan Taheri TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

Thank you for your response,
    you mean applications such as MySQL or another database applications can access to the data stored in dbf files?
    What is this mentioned data ? My Images , Videos , etc or some codings?

4. jobeard

DBF files can be associated with ANY program that wants to use a database. I haven't used MySQL on this pc yet so I can't verify it uses dbf, but it is likely.

Without boring you to death with details, I would summarize that images (bmp, gif, png, jpg) videos (mp3, rpm,...) would not normally stored into a database but it is possible.
    and that makes the problem specific to the galaxy device.

Suggest you find the galaxy support forum and enter your question there - - sorry.

5. Shayan Taheri

By the way, Thank You for giving me these suggestions, I'll try them to see if I could recover anything out of them

6. jobeard

Btw: you can always find something using a google query like "dbf file association"

7. Shayan Taheri

Sure,
    I've done that already, but I didn't find what I was looking for,
    Thank you