Recovering Deleted Image Files..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviouz

I deleted a lot of image files by mistake about 80GB worth... then i tried recovering them with EasyRecovery™ Professional http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/
i got the files back but most of them are now corrupted and have no picture to view..
are there any Apps out there that can restore or repair all or part of the pictures..??
or am i SOL..???

If the pictures are corrupt, then they probably are. Something may have overwritten the file data and it is not gone forever. Every write action you do on the drive that contained the images can destroy more data. I hope it wasn't C: where you kept them..

You could try Zero Assumption Image Recovery - it scans the disk for raw image data and should be able to get back any files that were not fragmented.

i had the pix on a different partition on the same HDD..
i have a 160GB notebook HDD patitioned into 2 drives C:\ & D:\
C:\ was for the OS and APPS & Programs & D:\ was for all my other personal DATA--> Thats where i kept the PIX..

So is This "Zero Assumption Image Recovery" the name of an app or just the type of process used to recover and repair the deleted pix..???

How could you do this

1 picture i can understand you changed your mind.But not 80. Don't empty the recycle binfor a day or 2,you might change your mind.You must have deleted these from the Recycle Bin,did you not see what was in it first ?
Don't set Recycle Bin to NOT keep them.
But file recover software depends on how soon you use it.It probably listed the condition of what it found since Files are still there
till something new saved overwrites them.So use recovery as soon as you can.
This is a good reason for haveing a cd-rw disk.Save as you go there.
==========
I just read your post again,D has a hidden folder called Recycle Bin
Maybe theres still some in there depending on your Recycle options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back