TechSpot

Recycle Bin?

By TimeParadoX
Dec 15, 2006
  1. Is there a way to get rid of the Recycle bin on the desktop? ( Not get rid of it fully but just take it off the desktop )

Because I got a Windows dock thing and I put the recycle bin onto the dock but it is still there on the desktop

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Delete the following key from your registry:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,438

Thanks Nodsu :D

Well I decided I want my Recycle bin back because my dock messed up, how do I put it back?

4. TimeParadoX

Does anyone know how to put the Recycle bin back? ( I posted again so it will go back as new ;) )

5. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 267

Restore the registry key. Assuming you saved it - you should ALWAYS back up reg keys. If not then locate the shortcut and paste it onto the desktop? You could try using "Tweak UI" powertools to customise the desktop hard icons.

6. TimeParadoX

Wait no I fixed it, I had to make a new .reg file with all the coding in it ;)

What I should do instead of deleting the .reg file for the recycle bin I can just go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons and make a .reg file with the High Recycle bin code :D

7. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 267

Use Tweak UI to " restore" and "customise" anything to do with icons on the desktop. Its the tool i use.

8. TimeParadoX

Ok thanks Sjbrand99, I'll be sure to check those out ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.