TechSpot

Recycled Yahoo IDs are now up for grabs

By Shawn Knight
Jul 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo on Monday officially opened the flood gates to allow users to claim a more desirable username that was once owned by someone else. Users have from now until August 7 to request their top five choices for a new...

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,147   +1,532

Anyone interested in the ID, "Imasucker" for using Yahoo?

3. Whats the email for cool people then my friend, enlighten me

4. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

So people won't mind getting spam meant for someone else

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

I feel bad for any people who lost their email!

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,225   +777

I'd take the name "edwardsnowden" then subscribe to all the spam sites I can find, sit back and watch the NSA falling all over themselves, eagerly reading all my trash. They'd be so busy reading my junk they'd forget to read everybody else's mails.

7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,354   +109

If they haven't used it for a period longer than a year... I'm pretty sure they don't even care.

They had a huge exodus when hotmail first showed up, then it happened the same with gmail. I wouldn't care if my Yahoo account got erased, I still get some mail there (mostly spam) but I still wouldn't care.

8. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

Yeah, but it should have been 2-3 years instead.

9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,147   +1,532

Seriously I don't think there would have been a big difference, in the number of resets if they had. So I'm inclined to agree with you.

10. I'd like to receive a password recovery email from Playboy. Only facebook was certain so far.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.