Red Alert 2 LAN problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some trouble playing LAN on Red Alert 2. I have it all set up and we can both join the lobby screen and see each others names. However the main computer (Host computer of Network) keeps crashing when I try to join the others game when they have created a room. As soon as I click on it everything just freezes up.

Also, when I make a room on the host computer, the other computer doesn't pick it up at all and cannot read any messages I type in on the Host computer ether. Can anyone help me out? This is really annoying :dead:

Any help would be greatly apreciated :)

Heyy

ok i had this problem before now follow these steps

if your using xp...

1. Go to my computer
2. My network Places
3. View Network Connections
4. right click on your Lan card graphical user interface and click Properties.
5. than click Install
6. Protocol
7. Click on NWLink IPX/Net Bios Compatible Trasnport Protocol
6. Press Ok

I guess that should do the trick.....Tell me if it still doesnt work

take care
Harris

help to run red alert 2 in network

I'm having some trouble playing LAN on Red Alert 2. I have it all set up and we can both join the lobby screen and see each others names. However the main computer (Host computer of Network) keeps crashing when I try to join the others game when they have created a room. As soon as I click on it everything just freezes up.

Also, when I make a room on the host computer, the other computer doesn't pick it up at all and cannot read any messages I type in on the Host computer ether. Can anyone help me out? This is really annoying

I try also the solution of Mr Harrisdurrani, it can't work with me

check for network issues first, like IP addresses, workgroups etc. then look to see if there's a patch for it (RA2 is an old game..)

solved problem in ra2 lan network

First of all i thank for those who help
i share my solution to this problem in window xp OS
1. run the ra2 games
2. go to option
3. click network
4. click lan (it show some LAN physical address), choose the right physical address of your LAN

To find your LAN physical address
1. duoble click LAN icon on system tray near the PC system clock
2.click support
3.click details
4.then match your physical address to your LAN option of RA2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back