Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge installed, loads very slow and is latent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_

:confused: :unch:
I have installed both Command and Conquer : Red Alert 2 and Command and Conquer : Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge. Red Alert 2 runs fine, however Yuri's Revenge does not. My main problems for Yuri's Revenge is lag and long load times. For example, it takes 2 minutes for the game to even load to the menu. Second, when I want to play a game, for example.. like load up a skirmish.. it takes a flipping 6 minutes to load into the game. And when actually playing the game it lags itself. This game barely takes any system resources to play. It was created in 2001. My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2 GhZ
1024 MB Corsair SDRAM memory
60 GB hard drive, 23 gb free space
Cable Internet
ATI Radeon - 128 MB video memory
CD ROM, Burner, floppy,etc.

This just doesnt make sense. I've tried the compatibility settings. I have tried 98, 95, 2000 and all of the others. Yuri's Revenge is the only game from Command and Conquer that is doing this to my computer. When loaded, it takes up 99% of my cpu usage, it lags and everything has been obtained faithfully. The game CD is NOT scratched, it's in good working shape. The game only needs like 8 MB video memory, a cd rom drive, 200 mhz and so on and so forth. It barely consumes any resources from my computer. However, it continues to do so. I find this a nuisance and I am unable to play a game without using a REASONABLE amount of time in playing at least one game. This mishap is a major setback in both game performance and game playability.

Is ANYONE experiencing this same problem? I've tried this game on other friend's computers, those in which their computers are slower than mine, and they work.. yet mine tends to be the one that's acting up. If anyone can help me troubleshoot this mishap, I would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.
Regards,
Alex

My solution to you

Hi friend. I excuse about my english if it doesn't make sense i'm still learning it xD

I experienced the same problem this morning when I installed yuri's revenge in my laptop and like as you said (2 min loading menu, 6 min loading skirmish, blah blah =/ ), it didn't make sense to me because i have a great laptop and red alert 2 runs perfectly on it.

i tried to look for any solution on the internet and i didn't get one, so i tried to PATCH IT TO VERSION 1.0.0.1, and my game now runs perfectly!!!! II think the reason is that it fixes a lot of bugs and errors, and as i guess, ours is one of them =D

Just download the patch from any webpage, because it's free. I downloaded it from a webpage called cnc-source.com

Good luck buddy! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back