Red Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just joined this site and today I found my old, really old red alert game. When I attempted to install it, it read something like my comp "isnt suitable to for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications." The odd thing is that this also appears for all of my really old games such as duke3d and wolfenstein. I just downloaded wolfenstein for the first time in about 3 yrs and that popped up. But I was able to play duke3d before this. I am no comp genuis. What is wrong?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We need some more information first before we can help you.

Please fill in you system specs in my.TS.forum at the top of the page(click on edit profile) don`t forget to say which version of windows you are running.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ive got a Windows XP. The Red Alert game is a v1 i believe. The exact quote i that it says when I try to install it is "C:\WINNT\SYTSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application." This also happens to my duke3d game when i try to launch it but it was working fine about a month ago so it must be something that i did to my comp. I hope this helps.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back