Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed for Fall 2017; trailer arrives Thursday, petition for PC version

midian182

Staff member

After Rockstar Games posted images on its website and social media accounts a few days ago that suggested a new Red Dead game was on its way, the news everyone was hoping for has now been confirmed: Red Dead Redemption 2 will arrive in Fall 2017.

The publisher’s website doesn’t reveal too much at this early stage, but it does promise some Wild West multiplayer action – an exciting prospect, considering how much work the company put into GTA V’s online multiplayer mode.

“Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland,” reads Rockstar’s description. “The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.”

Take-Two Interactive Software – the parent company of Rockstar Games – has already registered RedDeadOnline.com. The company's share price, meanwhile, jumped over 6 percent as a new Red Dead game started to look more likely.

It may be a year away, but the first trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 arrives this Thursday (October 20) at 11 AM ET.

Red Dead Redemption was one of the greatest games from the previous console generation and one of my personal favorites. The second game in the series - following the lesser-known Red Dead Revolver - it received almost universal praise from critics and consumers alike. Not surprisingly, it has shipped over 14 million copies to date.

Sadly, while the game eventually made it onto the Xbox One and PS4, there has never been a PC version – despite constant rumors of its arrival. The Red Dead Redemption 2 website mentions only PlayStation 4 and Xbox One support, so our platform could be excluded yet again. It may not do much good, but there's already a petition demanding Rockstar release a PC version.

Permalink to story.

Awwwwwww .... no problem, they are bound to have the PC version by 2020, plus or minus a decade .....

They should create a pc version. They will have a PS4 Pro or Project Scoripio version by then that utilizes modern day hardware, so PC isn't too far off. With DENUVO and Windows Store security they will have no problem with piracy. So many games are not pirated for years!

Also, the PS4 and XBOX ONE hardware was outdated the day it came out. The PC gpus were already twice as fast. Now they need to catch up to the 1080 which is 4 times faster.

I don't see any real reason to not release this game on PC, I hope Rockstar doesn't disappoint. I'd be happy if they release only the first one for now.

Awesome... but I too want a PC version, as long as they put the same quality into it as they did with GTA 5. GTA 5 for PC, while it took some time, turned out to be an excellent port. No one wants to wait but if it means quality I will gladly wait like we did with GTA 5.

Petition signed, here's hoping for a timely and solid port.

Remember how devs were talking all about how consoles running x86 hardware would make porting to PC super easy?

I guess GTA V PC didnt generate enough in micro-transactions for rockstar to continue supporting the platform.

They will first release it for ps4 and xbone, after that ps5 and scorpio, last it comes to pc (maybe not last, remakes will come 10-20 years after that for phones that will be ported to pc). They know people will buy it many times like gta5 so why not? Signed the petition but they don't care about anything else but money, not getting hopes up on playing this on PC for 10 years or so.

They will first release it for ps4 and xbone, after that ps5 and scorpio, last it comes to pc (maybe not last, remakes will come 10-20 years after that for phones that will be ported to pc). They know people will buy it many times like gta5 so why not? Signed the petition but they don't care about anything else but money, not getting hopes up on playing this on PC for 10 years or so.

R* said they weren't considering a GTA 5 for PC initially... but it ended up happening a year later. A lot of people signed a petition for that too. However this is RDR and not GTA. GTA has a much larger PC following than, well... RDR doesn't have one but you get the point.

Back