Red led

By torrint
Nov 26, 2007
  1. Red led on mobo comes on for about 5 secs then fans shut off along with the red led

what is the red led light mean on the D845GVSR?.....and since the fans are spinning for about 5 seconds then craps out.....its this motherboard junk?.....apparently the mobo is getting power....the little green light on the mobo stays solid
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

I would say either you lost a voltage from the power supply to the motherboard, or the motherboard is bad. Try another power supply first
  3. torrint

torrint TS Rookie Topic Starter

red led light

i ried a psu out of a compaq bought around the same time and it wont even make the fans spin or anything
  4. torrint

but i dont think its the bestec power supply...theres a green led light on showing that the mobo is getting power------but no nothing
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

6. torrint

heres the kicker though.....when i plug the psu in...the fans start spinning and then acts like its gonna run.....then craps out after a couple seconds.....i guess ill try the voltage tester before i junk this piece of crap....thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.