Redhat 9 problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys how yas doin??

i just got a copy of redhat 9 and am completely new to the whole linux thing. so don't shoot too early.

when i'm installing it gets to copying the install image to the hdd, at this point it gets half way thru it and then comes up with an error.

an error has occured while transferring the install image to your hard drive. you are probably out of disk space.

i don't know how this coul be, cause my /boot is 100MB, swap is 2048MB and / is 17.43 GB and in total it has 20gig to play with.

is there something i am doing wrong or not doing??

oh plus i want a dual boot with xp, but the redhat install is on a brand new 120gig with nothing else on it.

thanks for any help guys!!

Perhaps this will help you:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&star...edora-list/2003-November/msg03656.html&e=7764

If you want to add XP later then be sure to create the boot floppy during Linux install (it will come handy after Windows has trodded all over your Linux bootloader). Also, select manual partitioning and leave empty space for a Windows partition so you don't have to start resizing stuff later on.

Even better if you used a special partition manager like Partition Magic to set up the disk before starting to install anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back