Redirection Limit problem Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogogo7

I recently started having problems with getting to Amazon.com
No other site has this problem.

Error says:

redirection limit for this url exceeded. unable to load the requested page. this may be caused by cookies that are blocked

Cookies are enabled, i tried resetting all cookies, clearing exceptions.
also reset on about:config
network.http.redirection-limit to 25 and 30

Site does not load on IE 6; just says: page cannot be displayed

Please help

shut down your firewall for a few seconds then try to access the site,to see if it could be that.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Bit of a strange problem you`ve got there. Let`s have a quick check for any nasties.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread. If it turns out to be malware related, I`ll move this thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Your computer has been hijacked. I have moved your thread to the security forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Download and run the Blacklight programme. Follow all the instructions carefully.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of dogogo7 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I'm following the steps to clean, I'll probably format some other time when i have more time

I run into a problem when i try to run the online scan
Run this online virus scanner. It`s one of the very few online scanners that will actually disinfect viruses etc.
It starts scanning and then Firefox or IE will close; im assuming the virus is doing it.
Should I just go on to AVG Antispyware and continue to clean?

Thanks

Since you`re having trouble with the online scanner, skip it and continue with the rest of the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of dogogo7 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok, i went through the steps on the other topic.
a bunch of the malware on the AVG program did not delete even though
the action was set to Quarantine

Here are the logs from ComboFix, and HijackThis
It's not letting me upload the AVG its too big, 202.9KB

Amazon.com still does not load....sad

Thanks for your time

Empty your recycle bin.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

Fix all 017 entries.<These are the hijacker

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for the Ccleaner programme. Then, run a fresh AVG Antispyware scan and see if you can post the log file as well as a fresh HJT log.

yay amazon loaded
thanks a bunch for that

here are the log files
I'm concerned since the avg anti-spyware is having errors deleting a bunch
of tracking cookies; even though the action is set to quarantine per the
link

uploaded the HijackThis Log and AVG log

again, thanks a bunch

Your HJT log is now clean.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

I advise you to uninstall C:\Program Files\support.com.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

new problem

hey again, i need some more help please
i think i got a trojan yesterday and now receive random internet explorer pop-ups (they're all about spyware protect too....)

i ran according to the site: HJT and the cleaners and just ran AVG Antirootkit
but i can't figure out what to do with the rootkit since i cant find a way to save a log. everything is from the NProtect Recycle Bin and i attached the HJT

thanks so much

these need fixing
C:\Program Files\Ipwindows\ipwins.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\Ipwindows\ipwins.exe

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

MyWaySA
SrchAsDe
xloadnet
Ipwindows

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

xloadnet.exe
ipwins.exe
updater.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1557B435-8242-4686-9AA3-9265BF7525A4} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jfpbycon.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xloadnet] "C:\Program Files\xloadnet\xloadnet.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [runner1] C:\WINDOWS\updater.exe 61A847B5BBF72810329B385473F001F0B3E35B6638993F4661AA4EBD86D67C56389B284534F310

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\Ipwindows\ipwins.exe

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Ipwindows<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\xloadnet<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\MyWaySA<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh AVG Antispyware, Combofix and HJT logs.

i ran the antispyware and combofix and hjt
the logs for combofix and hjt i have but its not letting me upload

ill try again later, appreciate the help
oh something is still wrong, but ill have to get back to you

I have removed all your previous logfiles. Hopefully, you`ll now be able to post the fresh logfiles I requested.

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "No Action Taken". That`s because you haven`t told AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results as per the instructions. See this pictorial guide.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply, as well as fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Empty your Norton protected recycle bin.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

wuauclt.exe
l?gonui.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3F9D0C61-737D-44D1-BD80-91AF857061CC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qomkjjg.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {434683F1-2A28-4F83-8737-D60A93764AAA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tusts.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {68E4F664-1186-6F53-A33C-69E34DE4FEEC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\zzwkhk.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sen] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\RACLE~1\wuauclt.exe" -vt yazb

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Chuwei] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\??sks\l?gonui.exe

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.sxload.net (HKLM)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: qomkjjg - qomkjjg.dll (file missing)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: tusts - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tusts.dll (file missing)

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\??sks<Delete the entire folder. Note: The question marks can be any random letter/number etc.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RACLE~1<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Go to your control panel and double click the Java icon. Click the Update tab and click the Update Now button.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

it came back when i did this:
Go to your control panel and double click the Java icon. Click the Update tab and click the Update Now button

i am having problems with acrobat files in mozilla now, will restart and see if that works
here is the hjt if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back