Redirects, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello doctors,
malware situation. had some google redirects, froze my antivirus (windows live onecare which is **** so I deleted it and got avast a day or so ago), disabled my firewall (had to go to the directory and delete "firewallenabler" as per a hint I picked up on another forum), computer made funny noises as if it was loading something and as if it was detecting a floppy disk. those have stopped.
logs attached, take your time, it is certainly not a dire situation but I might as well get your input.

p.s. after multiple attempts, the superantispyware log WILLNOTOPEN, I must have double clicked a thousand times. it won't launch, regardless of how many buttons I'm pressing

Hi stefxcore

Welcome aboard!

Do this:

The TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Do all skip no step (do not install another virus scanner as you already have one).

Most importantly update MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSptware!

Before you scan with SuperAntiSpyWare do the below:

SuperAntispyware config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

It asks to update the program definitions, click Yes.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
1. Close browsers before scanning
2. Scan for tracking cookies
3. Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
4. Leave the others as they are.

In MalwareBytes after update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and post their logs then a new HJT log.

Do this correctly and we will make a short job of this!

It is good that mbam even ran. It needs to be run agin and again until it comes up clean or can not clean something. Then move on to SAS same. POST THE LOGS ON EACH RUN!

Post a HJT last after the repeated runs as directed above.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back