Redirects, unable to run programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught somehing bad yesterday, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Symptoms: Redirecting web searches (google and yahoo in IE and Firefox), unable to visit anti-spyware/malware sites, unable to download anti-spyware/malware programs (including those listed in the 8 steps), anti-spyware/malware programs I do have cannot update. Spybot will not open, I've downloaded Superantispyware and it gives an error before it opens and shuts down, new versions of HijackThis will not run or open. I've run smitfraud fix, symantec anti-virus, everything else I try will not open or run. I've tried all these in Safe Mode also with no luck. Please Help!
I did have an older version of HJT and have posted that log. Unfortunately that's all I have to go on.
I hope someone can help, it's extremely frustrating! Thanks in advance.

Your are describing an exploit to frustrate reaching anti-malware sites. Here are methods that have been used recently. The alternative was offered by a new member.

1. Since you are discribing a case of difficulty. attempt this method (follow link for 'How To')
    • Use this method to stop any 'non-plug and play' driver that is named in this guide.
    • Please report its name for changes to the method

2. For infections that have more severe symptoms, Unable to run or update via TechSpot 8 Steps or manually run MBAM or SAS

3. Message #3 - link to 'fixit download' has demonstrated its effectiveness in many cases. Go to message # 3 'fixit download'. Part of the method renames the executable to get the application to run. Here is another member that used renaming.

4. Alternative - Web site has a link to download-dot-com - phonetic spelling used
    • There appears to be a connection with 'sagipsul' popups.
    • Read this post. from member.
    • phonetic spelling for web site
      • w.dot-simplysup.dot-com/tremover/download.html

Remember to update HJT to new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back