Redirects??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie010

when i want to go to a website with google or without it, it usually redirects to a page called www.dns4error.com

does anyone know how to fix it?

and also it sometimes redirects to a page called v3m.feed.com

yep. dns4error is a definite infection you picked up. Do you run a good anti-virus and spyware scanner??

You can get specific help with this infection if you run HJT and post the log according to the instructions you'll find at this Techspot Link

If you have firefox I would use that and not internet explorer

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.
    ***Under no circumstances should you add any items to the HJT ignore list. Under no circumstances should you change the directory that highjackthis downloads to. Under no circumstances should you Fix anything without specific instruction to do so. Under no circumstances should you click any buttons other that specified in the directions including AnalyzeThis!***

That is your decision, but you still may be infected. If that doesn't bother you, fine, just letting you know.

I fully agree with Blind Dragon. You are infected and, regardless of which browser you choose you will remain infected unless you do something to remove it. (like following the instructions in posts #2 and #4).

Deal with it now. It's guaranteed to come back to bite you again sometime. And most likely at a time you don't want to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back