Reduce MIDI File Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanger1982

I've got a midi (link) and i would like to be able to shrink the file size to below 30k so that I can use it as a ring tone on my cell phone. The only audio editor I have is the one bundled in with Nero 6 Ultimate and when I open the file, for some reason I cannot save it at a lesser quality to reduce the file size. Does anyone know how to do this, or can anyone please do this? Please let me know either way. Thank you.

You might be able to use this program.

It's based on the old Fast Tracker 2 which, as far as I can remember, would let you do anything to any .midi...

Yeah, if you're a musician (or even if you're not ;)), you could open it in your favorite composer application (like Cubase, Cakewalk, ..) and remove unneeded tracks and midi commands (effects, arpeggios and the like).

You know what.. BeOS identified the file as an ASF file - and as I read it with a hex editor, it's a Windows Media Audio file.

Well, nothing prevents you from changing any file name extension, you can rename .txt files to .exe if you want to.

I think it'd be easier to search for other MIDI versions instead, there should be some, it's quite a popular theme.

yeah, thats the problem though, it's taken me months to find this. i thought i would have better luck, but alas, no. i'll keep trying though, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back