Redundant Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Im trying to copy files from a old disk - but with little luck. Im getting the error: Redundant Cyclick check error! Can anyone help to get this fixed?

Best regards,
Soeren

Requires a checkdisk to be performed

Right click on the faulty drive
Properties -> Tools -> Check Now -> Tick -> Start

By the way - hard drive or CD ?

The above is for harddrive

CRC Errors or cyclic redundancy check errors are common on removable media. CRC errors basically check the data as it leaves the sender and verifies that it is the same data when it get's to the door of the reciever, if it seems as if the data has been altered in the processes, a CRC error will show on your screen. They have come in to play less and less with the added durability of CD's and DVD's. Although, they still happen. It is a scary thing, but I was able to get around mine. I tried cleaning the disc really well, that didn't work. What I did was watched the file transfer progress and found out what file was causeing the error. After I found that out, I just transferred everything else, then tried to get that file. I ended up losing the file. If it is an extremely important file, there are data recovery places that do just that, recover lost or corrupt data.

Here is the Wiki For CRC Errors.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back