Referring to a thread elsewhere

By Maurice
Mar 20, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. Hope this is acceptable, this refers to a thread that I started in Misc Software, namely; "Unable to delete some items of previous ISP"

I've hit a blank there, no one can help, so I thought that other members, & indeed, staff, may have a fresh view on this matter.
    I find it strange that there is apparently no solution, please read all my posts there, to get the full picture, as you can see, I've tried everything that I can think of with no result, one of my last posts explained that it was not to do with the CD drive, as I first thought, I'm not sure if anyone could understand how that altered the thinkig on this, as I have had no further replies.
    One member, as you will see, suggested going into the Registry, isn't this being a little drastic, I don't want to mess up, or is it just me being over-cautious again?

2. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 646

With regard to "Unable to delete" etc, I get "RNDLL" in the tray at the same time.
    I have just done a search on RNDLL, & got twenty results, namely;

17 in No; rndll32exe etc, C:\Windows Prefetch [11 to 81kb] PF file, various dates

one; s\rndll C\Windows software distribution 33kb application

one; rundll 32 " " " 32kb "

one; " " C\Windows system 32 31kb "

Looking at all these, should I delete all or some, in order to get rid of the pesky "Unable to delete" notice? Will it be safe to do so?

3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

rundll32.exe is a necessary Windows component, located in \windows\system32. Other misspelled rndlls aren't.
  4. Maurice

Thanks, Mic, I ran my anti-virus, AVG, & as you will know, it lists everything , good files/programs first, among which was rundll.exe, noted as "ok", & you've just confirmed it, cheers, I might have really gummed things up if I had gone ahead with that delete!, now I need to know about the others, to delete, or not?????.
  5. Maurice

OK guys, I'm betting that someone at TS must know which of the remaining items on the list I've shown previously I can delete safely?

Have a great Easter everybody [​IMG]