Reformat problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to refomat cause my computer was infected and everything is good except that all my files are still there and i have no internet connection and i just want start over on a blanck hard drive is there any way to completely wipe my hard drive and start over or just get my internet connection back?

Screwbous

Let me guess... It took you less than 10 minutes to reformat your hard drive right? well this is because you didn't reformat your hard drive correctly, maybe you started to install windows without booting from the CD first...

You need to boot fromt he disk in order to have a good reformat hard drive, this happen to me few years ago, and I realized that the problem was the "boot"...

Reinstall windows again but this time try to boot from the windows xp disk and reformat your hardrive (make sure you choose: normal reformat, do not choose quick format)

Ok now that i have my hard drive properly reformated i still have no connection to the internet and im pretty sure i had one before so how do i go about getting my connection back?

How do you connect to the net? Do you use onboard lan/usb etc. If so, you will need to install the relevant drivers. You should also install your mobo`s chipset drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back