Reformatted hard drive, lost the program registration code... am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear it wasn't my fault, but I'll be darned if I can find that registation code anywhere. It wouldn't be so bad, but I just bought the Halo 2 game and was really starting to enjoy it. Is there any way to get my game going again? Or am I gunna have to buy a new game just for the code? Any :blackeye: help would be appreciated. :blackeye:

crashed said:
I swear it wasn't my fault, but I'll be darned if I can find that registation code anywhere. It wouldn't be so bad, but I just bought the Halo 2 game and was really starting to enjoy it. Is there any way to get my game going again? Or am I gunna have to buy a new game just for the code? Any :blackeye: help would be appreciated. :blackeye:
Find some one with the same game,ask for his code,should work

If you registered the game, you might contact the vendor and see if they can get your own code back.

If you use someone else's code, that could interfere with multiplayer online gaming. Not sure if this game does that though.

With most softwares that require activation, if you give the company a call and you can provide proof of purchase, they will send you a replacement CD.

Getting a product key... I don't know. For example, anyone can lie about losing their key and comapnies know this. Proof of purchase doesn't really apply here because you could have very well bought software in the past and are trying to get a free, second copy for another computer or to sell... etc. There's really no way to prove you lost it, but I'd try giving them a call anyway and mention you can provide proof of purchase. Maybe they will do something for you. :)

When i went to EA with this problem for Pacific Assault because the registration/activation fudged up, they gave me a new one :)

I know a lady who lost both her XP key AND Office XP key because of theft. But she bawled over the phone with a MS dude and they sent her a completely free and completely whole XP Professional and Office XP. Including SP2.
How's that for getting something for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back