Reformatted, how do I reset my activation code ?

By fnugen
Jan 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, I did a reformat and reinstalled XP home. Since I have already gone through the activation when I orignally installed my windows, how do I inform them it isn't pirated but a reformat ?? I can find no 1-800 number in my little booklet I got with the CD. (CDN btw) I don't want to have to keep reformatting/reinstalling every 30 days to use the PC. I purchased the CD legally and all, so I am not looking for a way around it, just how do I do this?? I've searched the MS website and either I am using the wrong search wording, or there is nothing there to help because I found nothing. Hoping someone here can help me within my 30 day grace period. thanks all.

V
  2. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,291   +44

Product activation key

This URL tells you about a hacker software product which will reveal the key - but you must be careful of the possible/probable visus in it ! Never used it myself, so own risk only, and I hope you are telling the truth !

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270-5034981.html
  3. fnugen

fnugen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 131

Hey thanks. Actually all is fine. I didn't bother to click on the 30day warning icon. I did, it gave me a number to call and the install ID. Called it, told them I reformatted and they gave me a new number, VOILA, all is fine. Sooooo, guess from now on I may try to read the warnings rather than just pass it off as blah blah.............thanks again for giving a hand though.

V
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.