reformatted now trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend had a problem and asked me to help i ended up having to reformat. now i reinstalled the hard drive and im getting no signal to the monitor. the computer is a compaq sr1650. the HDD is a sata1 western digital WD2500. ive tried two different monitors one LCD the other CRT. the computer also used to beep upon startup now there is no beep. ive tried resetting the CMOS to no avail. also i removed the graphics card and all of the other cards and tried the onboard video plug still nothing. there is no OS on it. it had windows xp and im wanting to reinstall the same OS. im at a loss for ideas. if anyone could help it would be much appreciated. thanks in advance

Remove the hard drive, CD Roms/writers, PCI cards, and any USB devices and see if the motherboard POSTS. Pull all cables from the motherboard except direct power supply cables. Check all power connectors to the motherboard. You might reset the CMOS one more time too. If no POST, either the power supply or the motherboard/CPU has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back