Reformatting error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.

I'm trying to reformat a Dell laptop. It's never been reformatted before. I'm doing it by inserting the Windows CD, booting from the CD, and using that to reformat and partition the hard drive. The Windows Setup loads and loads all those things on the bottom... then it says "Windows is now starting"... and then gives a blue screen of death.

Technical information:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF8540BF, 0xF89994208, 0xF8993F08)

pci.sys - Address F8540BF base at F8451000, Datestamp 3b7d855c

Hi

0x7E:

Hardware incompatibility. First, make sure that any new hardware installed is listed in the Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List.

As it says PCI.sys I would say the board isnt compatible, what OS was on it before.

further

The error that generates this message can occur after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished. A possible cause of the error is lack of disk space for installation and system BIOS incompatibilities. For problems during Windows installation that are associated with lack of disk space, reduce the number of files on the target hard disk. Check for and delete any unneeded temporary files, Internet cache files, application backup files, and .chk files containing saved file fragments from disk scans. You can also use another hard disk with more free space for the installation. BIOS problems can be resolved by upgrading the system BIOS version.

Reset your BIOS to defaults if you can and check for any updates..

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back