TechSpot

refresh rates

By nate39
Jul 8, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. how do you know what would be the best setting for refresh rates on your monitor and will these settings affect your games, benchmarks, etc. thanks

2. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,382

Right click your desktop

Follow these steps:
    G'Luck

3. nate39

nate39 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 59

besides having to change the size of my screen, I haven't noticed a difference

4. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,382

game play?

What about game play?

5. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,120

Some games have their own refresh rate settings. Note if you have an LCD montor refresh rate is kind of null.

But as a general rule, 75hz is a decent and common refresh rate. Any lower like 60hz and below, may bother your eyes after a while.
    Note also that changing refresh from 70hz to 80hz or whatever, is NOT really something you "notice" anyway.
    Refresh rate isn't related in any way to FPS in a game if that's what you're thinking. Game play won't change based on monitor settings. In that one refresh rate will yeild more FPS.

Resolution may affect games, as a larger resolution, color depth, and perhaps a very fast refresh rate, makes your video card have to work harder.

6. nate39

nate39 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 59

guess I will have to do some experimenting

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.