Regarding buying new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiso

Hello,

Am currently in process to purchase a new Pc , what do you think guys about those two spec.

1#
Intel Core2Duo 3.0Mhz
GigaByte MotherBoard
Ram 4GB DDR2 (2*2)
Westen Digital 250GB Harddisk
GeForce 9600GT 1GB

2#
AMD Phenom ii 940 30Mhz
GigaByte MotherBoard
Ram 4GB DDR2(2*2)
Westen Digital 250GB Harddisk
Ati HD4850 1GB

Regards,,,

Quite different machines... what are the differences in price... I like a lot of AMD processors, but no tthe Phenom II... so I would prefer the Core 2 Duo... If the prices are similar, #1 is a better deal... GigaByte motherboards are more trouble free than ASUS and others...

Are you building it, or buying a commercial machine or one already built...

The case and the power supply are at least as important as what you have posted... Some cases do not offer enough room for the CPU cooler... or for upgrades later...

Do not cheat yourself by getting a low priced case..

Quite different machines... what are the differences in price... I like a lot of AMD processors, but no tthe Phenom II... so I would prefer the Core 2 Duo... If the prices are similar, #1 is a better deal... GigaByte motherboards are more trouble free than ASUS and others...

Are you building it, or buying a commercial machine or one already built...

The case and the power supply are at least as important as what you have posted... Some cases do not offer enough room for the CPU cooler... or for upgrades later...

Do not cheat yourself by getting a low priced case..
Thanks!
I was going with AMD as its cheaper and getting better specifications
for the Case , iam thinking about a normal one , do you have any good brands for the Coolers
P.S:Am buying it , I wish i built it but i stop learning about the new systems

Regards,,,

In addition to Ray's post you may want to consider your uses of the pc. I'd go duo if you're doing light tasks and gaming. But if you're using multi threaded apps go with the amd setup. Make sure you get a quality 550watt power supply or higher for the build, I wouldnt dare going lower though.

I like the 9600gt more than the ati card, Gigabyte mobos are good also, they run fine with most types of ram, unlike Asus having trouble with kits from Patriot, OCZ and mushkin with a few others to add.

Look into ximateks cooler with the bracket for w/e mobo you choose its about 30 usd and performs just as well as a lot of the 45+ usd coolers.

An Antec 900 would be a great case for your build, highly recommended and respected case for its airflow and roomy interior.

In addition to Ray's post you may want to consider your uses of the pc. I'd go duo if you're doing light tasks and gaming. But if you're using multi threaded apps go with the amd setup. Make sure you get a quality 550watt power supply or higher for the build, I wouldnt dare going lower though.

I like the 9600gt more than the ati card, Gigabyte mobos are good also, they run fine with most types of ram, unlike Asus having trouble with kits from Patriot, OCZ and mushkin with a few others to add.

Well , i will use it for one game actually which is Microsoft Flight Simulator X , and am not that heavy user , its the game who is heavy :)

But what about AMD, i been in a computer shop minutes ago and the dealer said AMD having troubles lagging and so on . is it true ?

Regards,,,

AMD is more of a price/performance line of cpu's right now for people that want more bang for your buck. As I also own Flight Sim I know its multi threaded, utilizing multiple cpu cores, and a ton of ram, around 2.5gb. I'd go with the amd for your needs personally, especially since you'll be "using it." Unlike most people playing games that arent optimized to use all the cores.

What is your budget btw?

Most AMD's are fine, but a lot of our clients have had trouble with the Phenom II... You would have to do a Gurgle search to find out what those troubles have been lately... as the big problems were several months back.

AMD is more of a price/performance line of cpu's right now for people that want more bang for your buck. As I also own Flight Sim I know its multi threaded, utilizing multiple cpu cores, and a ton of ram, around 2.5gb. I'd go with the amd for your needs personally, especially since you'll be "using it." Unlike most people playing games that arent optimized to use all the cores.

What is your budget btw?

I would like to see better framerates then before . FS is not a big deal , its about its addons , plus i might considering playing another stuff as well.
For the Budget ,around 800-1000$

Regards,,,

As mentioned above... If you are only playing flight simulator x the microsoft flight simulator x service pack 2 supported improved performance on multiple cores.

I am not too sure what kind of impact on performance between dual and quad cores you would get overall. But i would personnaly go for the amd. (its not often i actually get to say that!!!) :)

If you want the extra stuff, you should look into high end video cards, like a 4890, or a gtx 260, that would give you all the bling you want with your builds.

Hmmmmm... If you are only playing flight simulator x im pretty sure the microsoft flight simulator x service pack 2 supported improved performance on multiple cores.

I am not too sure what kind of impact on performance between dual and quad cores you would get overall.

Well , if i could get FSX + doing my office business it will be better then get Quad . Plus , I don't like AMD much but the thing is Why not getting Quad Core Processor for Core2Duo processor like Intel

Regards,,,

If you want the extra stuff, you should look into high end video cards, like a 4890, or a gtx 260, that would give you all the bling you want with your builds.

Still outside of my interest . FSX doesn't really requires something blast , 9600GT would be fine

Regards,,,

Be sure to get yourself an external disk drive for backups. These devices are inexpensive and well worth the security and piece of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back