Regarding Monitor and Flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Thought I would ask the experts..... Every now and then my computer monitor will flicker. It goes completely black and then in a few seconds it will return to normal. I have been told it could be a virus or a computer hacker getting into the system. I do not know if that is true, or just an urban myth. I have however ran system scans for viruses and they have returned clean. The problem is finding a reliable competent virus scan. I currently use Microsofts LiveOne care because Microsoft offers it, and I figured they would know more about Windows XP etc. I use crapcleaner to remove unwanted files, and use to use CA (computer associates i think) virus scanner before the microsoft virus scanner. I sit behind the secured wireless router from ATT so I think I am somewhat secure.

Let me know if there is any truth to the screen flickering and what I should do.

Thank you.

I think it may be hardware either:
The monitor itself, is slowly dying
The data or power cable is not seated correctly
Or the video card that you are connecting to is not seated correctly, or faulty

To remove all other possibilities:
Download the current Video Driver for your computer, from the manufactures site.
HERE is the Virus and spyware removal guide, if required.

Thank you for getting back so quickly. When I rebooted my computer the windows has shifted to the right approximately 3 inches. When the system boots up, the images are in the correct place (full screen), once windows is finished loading that is when the shift takes place.

I think I am going to review and follow the 15 steps to your virus removal, just because I want to be safe and not sorry. Especially with identity theft, etc.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. I will also review all the connections for the monitor, and make sure the graphics card is seated properly.

Those are easier things to rule out. I appreciate the advice.

id say the monitor is dying. did you have any power cuts resently? that usually can mess em up for some reason. also as kimsland said update ur video driver then check the settings to make sure the monitor refresh rate is turned up to it recommended level usually displayed in Hz. Or do wat i do an punch and shake the crap out of it till it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back