Regarding my asus q301la laptop

I currently just got an asus a301la laptop in the mail yesterday. When I first used it on Thursday night, after

charging it the laptop worked fine. Come Friday morning I see that I by accident left it on sleep mode

instead of shutting it off. Well when I go turn it on and sign in it froze on me with a black screen and started

flickering. It happened twice back to back and on the third restart it stopped. The charger was not

connected and the laptop was at about 90% battery left. The first reviews I read about this laptop were

really good until I started to look into more and found out numerous customers were having the same

problem that the screen would flicker when charging or randomly. BestBuy says I have 2 weeks to return it

with a full refund. I have a choice of getting another laptop or returning this one and getting the same type

of laptop sent back to me but a new one. My budget was $600 but I might be able to push it to $700 flat no

more. Please give me some guidance on what I should do and what other laptops I should consider.

Preferably looking for something with an i5 because I heard the i3 processor is slow, at least 500gb hard drive or a ssd drive. I wouldn't mind another touchscreen laptop, I actually quite enjoy it and at least 4 gb of ram.

Also, I'm new to this forum so sorry if this post is a bit messy and stuff. This was my first timer with asus and many people recommended me to this company. I have a feeling maybe just the q301la in particular did not come out good.

Back