Regedit closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DD

Hi,

every time i open regedit it closes abruptly so i can't use it!

I will show a log file.......

Thanks

Hi,

You have posted your log in the wrong forum. I shall PM a mod to request to have your log moved to our Security and The Web forums.

You are also running an outdated version of HijackThis.

You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature.

Meanwhile, I'd like you to do the following.

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer,

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel. Uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Macrogaming

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type regsvr32 /u C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll into the run box and press the enter key.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: SweetIM For Internet Explorer - {BC4FFE41-DE9F-46fa-B455-AAD49B9F9938} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll

Next, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps to cleaning your computer. The thread provides a comprehensive mix of steps to remove common malware, as well as provide us logs of your system to look at so we can further remove any tricky nasties.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of 3DD only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Momok thanks for your reply, i have been away and took a while, here are my logs......

Hi,

Download LSPFix from HERE.
1. Disconnect from the Internet, go to the LSPfix file and extract/unzip LSP-Fix into its own folder [C:\lspfix].
2. Open the lspfix folder and double-click on LSPFix.exe to start the program.
3. Check the "I know what I am doing" checkbox.
4. Select (highlight) all instances of 'nwprovau.dll' in the left column under "Keep".
5. Click the arrow >> so it goes over to the right column under "Remove".
6. Click "Finish" and LSPfix will remove references to the file and restore the chain numbers.
7. Restart your computer

Thereafter please post a fresh HijackThis and ComboFix log from normal mode.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of 3DD only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder.

Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

After that turn system restore back on.
This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Thanks Momok .......
i have carried out all suggestions on link, part from changing registry which does not stay open from "run" as b4.

Hi,

I'd like you to check c:\windows\system32\ for a regedit.com file. If you find it, please delete it.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Hi,

I suspect the file may be damaged/corrupted in some way and needs to be replaced. Please see HERE on how to repair your windows installation.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back