Registry Cleaners?

macx

I'm sure I need one, but which ones are effective and which ones can be trusted not to be a scam
and give me malware of some type?

I've read some reviews that say the vast majority of registry cleaners are ineffective and that many
of them actually make performance worse.

The thing that got me started on this is I often can't open the Read More sections in Yahoo news articles.

Oh, running Win 7 and Firefox with the usual No Script and other security add ons and blockers.
But I have everything "allowed" that No script lists in the drop down window. Also running Zone Alarm
free firewall and AdAware free. Also using Advanced System Care 9 free. Have read it's decent
at least.

With all I read of how sneaky the ransomware creeps are, it pretty near makes a person paranoid
about downloading anything.

Would sure appreciate some recommendations. Then I could feel more confident that the app is
at least legit and safe and probly reasonably effective.

Thanks!!

About the only utility that gets recommended regularly on here is CCleaner Free. It won't screw up your computer by being over enthusiastic whereas other programs sometimes remove essential stuff. CCleaner makes it easy to uninstall software and disable programs at Startup. It's an essentail tool as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with @bazz2004. Unfortunately I don't put faith in any registry cleaners, as far as fixing problems. If I run into problems that reinstalling applications don't work, the whole system gets reinstalled.

I've used CC for a long time. I've had some success with something from Bit Defender called Advanced System Care.
No problems with using it that I've seen and it does seem to do what it advertises.

Back