jalba

hi i just recently got the internet, and i'm getting the following popup:

Messenger Service
Message from Local System to User on *current date & time*

CRITICAL ERROR MESSAGE - REGISTRY DAMAGED AND CORRUPTED

To fix this problem
Open Internet Explorer and type www.registrycleanupxp.com
Once you load the webpage, close this message window

After you install the cleaner program you will not receive any more reminders or pop ups like this

visit www.registrycleanupxp.com immediately!!!

I already did a registry cleanup and the problem does not goes away. Called my internet supplier who told me to download sbybot, but nothing is cured.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?:confused:

could be a bogus message altogether.

go to your Event Viewer
cp->Admin Tools-->Computer Management->Event Viewer
look for ERRORS first, then warnings.
if you find errors, clock the copy to clipbook button and then paste into a Notepad window -- copy 3-4 errors
now follow up with your findings

when i go into event viewer, there are 4 categories: - application,security, system and antivirus. which one do i look in?

All of them. you're looking for errors.

This is 90% chance it's spyware and is just bogus. you need to download AVG Anti-spyware 7.5 and Spybot (google them, both are free).

looked under antivirus and found these posts:

AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx [UNI]: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VLANSYS.SYS (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VLANSYS.SYS) returning error, 00000005.

AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VLANSYS.SYS failed, 00000005.

ok i installed avg anti spyware, did a scan, got rid of any errors, and the things still pop up. any i really dont want to install a new anti virus program (re: prevx) that may replace my avast. any other suggestions?

to hodsocks---- i do not have registrycleanerxp installed. i'm just getting the popup insisting i install it :(

Let's put things intp perspective here:

"To fix this problem Open Internet Explorer and type www.registrycleanupxp.com
Once you load the webpage, close this message window' "etc.

" i do not have registrycleanerxp installed. i'm just getting the popup insisting i install it"

So where do you think the pop-up is coming from? Yes, it may appear to be wanting you to install it, but if some part of it hadn't gotten into your system, it wouldn't be popping up!

Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back