Registry errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

crikk23

ya used that "RegistryBooster" from speedtest.com (idk how good it is never used before)

it saying i have over 150 errors , but it wants me to pay to fix them...

so any program out there that cna do it for free?

also any tips or hints for speeding up a pc (using my grand mothers PC and it going much slower then it should.)

i did a small defrag CClean and spybot S&D want to know anything else i should run to help it?

(sorry for any missspells and/or grammar errors)

Forget about it... Those errors are usually phoney or irrelevant...
Remove SpyBot as well. CCleaner is good, and will take care of anything that Registry Booster would... and it is free.
Registry Booster will be trouble for you.

Forget about it... Those errors are usually phoney or irrelevant...
Remove SpyBot as well. CCleaner is good, and will take care of anything that Registry Booster would... and it is free.
Registry Booster will be trouble for you.

ya removed it after it asked me to pay,

way spybot? been useing it for years with no problem.

but anything else could use to maybe speed it up a little more, i was think n of just re installing windows xp but dont like screwing around with stuff i dont do much.

Be wary of some of those payware registry "fixers". I use EasyClean and CCleaner and have no registry problems. Tried a demo of one of the payware cleaners and it reported about 480 "errors" in my registry (and the trial version would only fix 50 of them). If there were that many actual errors in the registry, I doubt Vista would even start.

A co-worker let one of those tools do a complete "repair" of his registry and lost several context menu items, including "new>folder", and the system would no longer run bat files or com files from a double click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back