Registry Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy

My mother has some adware/virus on her pc an im not sure what it is to be able to remove it. it doesnt affect the use of the pc altho it does freeze occasionally, but the main one is that it wont let me access the registry unless running in safemode, she's got admin priviledges so its not been disallowed that way. Any ideas please on what spyware it could be pls???

PS she's not connected to the internet so i cant figure out how she got it either, apart from magazine discs with games on

Hi Frenzy.Welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Then, post an HJT log in the Security and the Web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Follow the instructions as linked by Peddant.

Then, post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

small problem

my mother isnt connected to the net and i dont live at home so therefore i cant do any of the things in those threads, unless i manage to download the virus defs manually as a folder/package and put them on disk to update the current AVG ive installed for her

In that case, I suggest your mother backs up her important data and does a reformat and reinstall. That will get rid of any viruses she may have.

Regards Howard :)

i had to do mine yesterday lol, bloody serial key sites hijacked my opera browser. ill download HJT and install to hers via disk an see what i can do with it that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back