Regular BSOD in last few weeks

After running perfectly for months, my Windows 7 x64 system started regularly crashing with a BSOD about a month ago. I leave my computer on, and when I was returning in the morning, I started noticing it was no longer running. I have been trying for several weeks to diagnose the issue. Interestingly, the computer has never crashed while I was using it, but always either overnight or when I was out of my home office.n

The utility Who Crashed tells me the problem was probably caused by module ntoskrnl.exe or ntkrnlmp.exe. The bugcheck code is 0x9F. The reported error is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have tried various system restores to no avail. I have enclosed the last two mini_dump files.

Can anyone help me identify/fix the problem? A clean install would be a major project I was really trying to avoid right now. I will gladly provide any other information I can.

My system is a Dell XPS 720 with an Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 @2.66 GHz., 8 GB RAM, C: drive is a Samsung 840 SSD. 2 more Raptor and 1 Seagate internal drives also installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Whedbee

Attachments

• 033015-28563-01.zip
    181.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 033015-29328-01.zip
    178.5 KB · Views: 1
With leaving the computer on 24/7 and with all the hard/SSD drives installed, the power supply may be the suspect failing hardware

Back