Regular BSOD's & Head Scratching

By jumpingmattflas
Sep 14, 2008
  1. Hi guys,

i've been holding off posting here for a few days in the vane hope that I could resolve the issues i've been experiencing myself.

I've been having regular blue screens in Vista x86 SP1, either while booting or while using the system with moderate intensity. Certain tasks which seem to trigger the BSOD include burning a DVD or opening an application.

I've got Speedfan running most of the time but that hasn't really helped much as it appears to be running within normal guidelines.

I've also tried updating my SATA drivers to the latest ones from Asus (dated 2007) for my board which Vista suggested may be the culprit.

I've attached my minidumps in case anyone is able to help me out and point me in the right direction to get this fixed. All help is much appreciated!
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Inside the 4 MiniDumps:
    I'd say confirm all drivers are up to date
    Then go and do a full Memtest (7Passes)
    It is possible that high memory resourced programs, such as Norton Antivirus (if installed) could cause this too
  3. jumpingmattflas

jumpingmattflas TS Rookie Topic Starter

Many thanks for that, it appears as predicted, it won't be a simple fix. I'll post back if I have any updates
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.