Regular crashes on Windows 7 during games

I've been getting increasingly frequent crashes while playing games on my laptop. The screen goes black, audio either continues for a second or loops, and the only way to recover has been turning it off and back on. I updated drivers and ran a virus scan, but the crashes have still been happening. I've only had it crash during Deus Ex: Human Revolution and World of Warcraft, but those are also the only games I've been playing since it started crashing.

My first thought is that it could be a problem with it overheating, but I just don't think that makes any sense. I've played the same games on it in similar or worse conditions, and the dorm room I'm playing in is far colder than a room should be. It also doesn't seem to be THAT hot. I've had the laptop for just over 2 years now, and have been using it for mostly the same kind of thing.

If it helps, it's a gateway laptop with an Nvidia Geforce 9800m gts graphics card.

EDIT: The crashes started about 3 days ago, and have been increasing in frequency since.

Are you getting Blue Screens? If so please do the following...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Back