Reinstalling then nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
g'day all,have had a bit of a search around this great site & apologise if this question has been asked previously

but time is against me perusing any more this morn.ANYWAYS,my problem is i was doing a windows xp reinstall on my pc

& being the tentative newb. that i am,when the screen listing my disks & partitions & subsequent size & whatnot came

up,there seemed to be to many listings.unsure of what to do,i went to the other pc in another room for all of 5-6

mins to verify my next move & upon returning to the first pc found the monitor blank!!!!!!!sussed the monitor out &

is fine.pressed reboot on tower-nothing.ended up pulling cord out & left for an hour before plugging back in

,pushing button & all i get is the little light comes on at the tower for 5-10 seconds before it justs turns back

off.just that one little light,nothing on the monitor at all.cant smell anything burnt.what have i done??????more

importantly-what can i DO????????please.,,,,anyone????????
cheers,
nads

Looks like faulty Power Supply

But first try:

1. Remove the power cord from rear of computer
2. Hold power On button in for 30 secs (dispersing all internal voltage)
3. Put the power cord back in (securely)
4. Turn on the computer

If that doesn't work, then you may need to open the side cover (Hardware experience required)

Turn the computer on again, and check if any fans turn on
Also check for dust and debri build up (and remove any internal dust found)

Reply back.

thanks,done all the things you suggested.was heaps dusty & thought that may have been the prob.,but alas no go.cleaned everything,put back together & pushed power button-all that happens is led light on tower lights up for 1-2secs,then blinks off.no clicks,bangs,fans not even long enough to show anything on monitor.so yeah,im guessing power supply.i have a few boxea of bits & pieces that i may find another p/s box in.if i do,what info.do i have to match 100% (as in v,hz,amps,etc. etc.)cheers in advance.
Mynads

It really depends on what's installed
ie GPU; Ram; DVDs; HDDs
As a good ball park anything above 350Watts and Maximum 650Wtt (obviously depending on hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back