Reinstalling windows, Blue screen error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malevolent

I'm trying to resintall Windows XP and keep getting an error everytime its done installing. I have tried reinstalling it on 2 different hard drives and reformated multiple times with no luck and always end up with a blue screen that says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart you computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /f to chek for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical infromation:

*** STOP: 0x0000007b (0xBACC3528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any help on this would be appreciated.

*UPDATE* I was looking at the motherboard and noticed the Ram led light was on, so I removed the ram and put them back in and even swapped them around but the light remained on. I'm sure this is whats causing the error, just not sure how to tell if its the ram, the motherboard, or anything related causing the issue.

If you have 2+ sticks ram use 1 only and try - if it fails switch to the other(s) and try until out of ram sticks.

:)

edit: you should also say WHY you are reinstalling (unless not pertinent).

Sorry, the reason I am reinstalling windows is because I couldn't boot windows due to a corrupt or missing file. So I figured i would reformat and reinstall windows.

So I have three 512mb sticks of ram. Tried all 3 by them selves and the ram led is still on. No progress. Any other suggestions?

If you missing a file or have a corrupt file try from cmd prompt SFC /scannow and have you install CD handy.

but not sure why the RAM lite is on.. what does your mobo manual tell you about the lite?

such as what should you not DO?

PS: STOP: 0x0000007B (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
• Setup has encountered a fatal error that prevents it from continuing.

Contact your product support representative for assistance. The following status will assist them in diagnosing the problem.

(0x4, 0x1, 0, 0)

Setup cannot continue. Power down or reboot your computer now.
Boot-Sector Viruses
You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message if your computer is infected with a boot-sector virus. Check your computer for viruses. If you find a virus, also check any floppy disks for viruses before you use them again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back