Relative newbie finding spyware removal help here. Thanks!

By ambushedbaby
Oct 4, 2005
  1. My computer had been having problems with spyware and I have already found help with locating how-to's for removal here. Thanks again ;-)

Currently, my computer is running ok, but after a time (it varies) access to the internet is blocked and i get the 'this page cannot be displayed' message. I also cannot download mail. Rebooting eliminates the problem for a while and then, the same thing happens.

Recently downloaded HijackThis, Reglite, Adaware and have had spybot on for the life of the computer. Also recently put on Norton Internet Security 2005.

I'm running Windows XP, service pack 2 on an Intel Pentium 4, 2400MHz.
    Memory is 768MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

The machine is on a home network via Broadcom 440x 10/100.

I'm not sure if this is enough information to be helpful, but if you need other stuff, please let me aware that I may also need help in finding it :blush:

Thanks for being here, you are all a very helpful and educated bunch and I appreciate your time and effort.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. ambushedbaby

ambushedbaby TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

Thanks, Howard, you've helped already...

I'll post the HijackThis over in the security and the web forum (see, I can follow directions :grin: under "HJT follow-up"

I followed directions I found in the 'security and the web' forum, ran ewido, ran kapersky, found I have had 'trojan-clicker' since March :eek: and you replied to my post over there with how to remove it.
    Followed your directions, shut down System Restore, re-ran kapersky, and it was clean, so I put back on system restore and now this little baby is zippin' again! With no more having to reboot all the time to get mail or cruise the net :bounce:

What a humanitarian you are :grin: !

thanks again,
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.