Reload of Windows Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

I have what I consider to be a new problem for me, I want to reload XP but the machine will not boot from the CD-Rom. I have been into the bios and setup it to read the CD first but it still doesn't read the cd and reads from the hard drive.I have changed the drive for another and still have the same problem. I have tried my original XP cd and still the problem occurs. If I ask it to read from the floppy first that works OK.I have removed the bios battery to reset the BIOS but to no avail.
Has anyone any suggestions as to what is going on?

The reason I want to reload windows is because it wont sign on to windows, it gets to the log on page and if I try to sign on with any of the names it momentarily flashes up the desktop and then signs off again, this also happens in safe mode also if I try to sign on as administrator, it seems stuck in this pattern whatever I try and do.

I finally got it sorted. Although I removed the cmos battery to reset the BIOS it obviously didn't work because I finally found a manual for the board on the Intel website and reset the BIOS with the jumper. This seemed to cure the problem, thanks for your help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back