Remastered BioShock: The Collection will be released on PC, PS4, and Xbox One this September

midian182

Staff member

After being the subject of numerous leaks over the last few months, 2K Games has finally confirmed that BioShock: The Collection – a remastered compilation of all three games plus their DLC – will be released this September on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

Included in the bundle are the original BioShock’s Challenge Rooms, BioShock 2’s Minerva’s Den and Protector Trials DLC packs, and the Burial at Sea (both episodes), Clash in the Clouds, and Columbia’s Finest add-ons for BioShock Infinite.

The Collection will include a director’s commentary feature – Imagining BioShock – starring series creator Ken Levine and lead artist Shawn Robertson. Buyers will also get The Museum of Orphaned Concepts, a museum-style level - previously exclusive to the BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition – that offers a guided tour of some early ideas and concept art that never made the final version of the first game.

2K Games has pointed out a couple of negatives with the BioShock Collection: there won’t be any multiplayer options in Bioshock 2, and the PC version of BioShock Infinite isn’t being remastered as “it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings."

A remastered collection with all the DLC looks pretty appealing, and is a must for anyone who missed out on these brilliant games first time round. But the $60 price tag may put off those who have already played the trilogy, especially as Infinite will come with no improvements. The collection does, however, give PS4 and Xbox One owners the opportunity to experience the BioShock series on their respective platforms for the first time.

BioShock: The Collection will cost $60 when it releases on September 13.

Permalink to story.

I would have preferred updated visuals to the already stunning BioShock Infinite, I have been running the game at the highest it goes and am still able to squeeze more out of my GPU.
This wouldn't be an issue but I find that the stunning visuals in BioShock Infinite come from the stylised graphics and textures and not actually a higher level of graphics than many other games.

They probably remade bioshock 1 and 2 to run on the Infinite engine, reason why Infinite won't have upgraded visuals, which is fine by me. Although having them all I wouldn't pay to get remastered 1 and 2.

They probably remade bioshock 1 and 2 to run on the Infinite engine, reason why Infinite won't have upgraded visuals, which is fine by me. Although having them all I wouldn't pay to get remastered 1 and 2.
All the GFWL functionality also probably has been removed from 2 as well. Last I remember it still needed that crappy offline client to run (could be mistaken).

On another note, I'd like that they add a steep discount for people who own the series and can prove it. $60, even if you don't own any of them, is way too steep.

Even though I am not racist by any shape or form, I hate to admit how much I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite's take on that era. In the beginning where you wade through shallow pools surrounded by candles and see all white people, you don't know at first whats going on but even on my first and only playthrough I had an idea.
Anyways, great bundle but if you don't have the Bioshock series on your steam account by now your either a stripe or bushwacker.

Call me cynical, but I'm not sure exactly what needs to be "remastered" of not-really-that-old games? Aside from a few "outside the glass" background textures in the original, they've aged pretty well vs many other games. Controls are fairly solid, music & sound were perfect. The whole Bioshock art style also isn't photo-realistic either so no need to panic over "real" looking humans / splicers.

Oh wait a minute...
"BioShock: The Collection will cost $60 when it releases on September 13."

Ah, now I understand. Steam sales = $20 for the lot. But by "remastering" with a thin veneer of paint and some "Director Commentary", you can magically triple the price of 4-9 year old games again...

Last edited:
All the GFWL functionality also probably has been removed from 2 as well. Last I remember it still needed that crappy offline client to run (could be mistaken).

On another note, I'd like that they add a steep discount for people who own the series and can prove it. $60, even if you don't own any of them, is way too steep.

I read somewhere only as a click-bait title because they never mentioned it on the article that the remastered versions will be free for those who've already bought the original games. Again, read it on a click-bait article from pcworld that never mentioned it in-article but it would be sweet.

Back