Remote Access Setup difficulty in XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I would like to access my home XP Pro SP2 network from my office domain PC running XP Pro SP1. Windows' help is not helpful, and I'm stuck. I installed from the CD on one of my home PCs the necessary components, including the subcomponents for World Wide Web Services (Remote Desktop Web Connection). XP's Help then says to open Internet Services Manager from the Administrative Tools Option off of Start | All Programs. The problem is that I don't have an Administrative Tools entry, whether I'm logged in as myself (with administrator rights) or as Administrator. So any idea why this is missing and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Rick

Still can't find it.

This is what Windows Help says:

--To open Internet Services Manager, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.--

I managed to locate Admin Tools in Control Panel, however Internet Services Manager is not an option.

Thanks.

To get Administrative Tools on the Start Menu.
Right click the Task Bar and select Properties.
On the Start Menu click the customise button.
On the Advanced tab it can be enabled form the Start Menu Items list.

Boots

I came here for the EXACT same thing, and to read about my switch and do what the good folks here said to do. While my other computer is boothing, I came here. Anywho, on my host computer [SP2] I set up IIS and the World Wide Web Services crap MS said to do. Thats where my problem is. I changed the TCP Port to 9000, and forwarded 9000 and 3389 to that computer. However, I cannot connect to that computer via my ISP IP:9000/tsweb/ or the COMPUTER's IP:9000/tsweb/. I CAN however go into Remote Desktop Connection and type in my ISP IP:3389 and connect. What do I need to do to get that cool web interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back