Remote conection to remote computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connection to remote computer

Hi,
For some time I have been trying to establish a connection to a remote computer (Both Windows XP) in the way it could be accesed as a LAN computer...
I have tried bridge connections, but no luck there :) Can someone help me get rid of this problem?

So you want to be able to acces one computer remotely from another, and both of them are inside your network or is the one that you are trying to access some where else?

No for both...
Both computers are far away form each other, and i want to use inernet connection to make a kind of LAN connetion (only possibility) that both computers had access to each other (file browsing; printing; LAN game playing and so on...)

Your talking about a VPN network. You will need a router that supports that on both to be able to make that work. Never really set on up myself so sorry I can't help much more then that.

Here is an example of what I am talking about by Linksys.

To be more precise i am looking for "direct" internet access to remote computer (as with remote desktop), just it acts like LAN or direct cable connetion...

To do file sharing over a different different networks you would need a VPN if you are just looking for a remote desktop application then you would want something like VNC. They really are different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back