Remote Desktop connection history won't go away? Type address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

This got me a bit perplexed.

You know if you use the Remote Desktop Connection tool in Windows XP to connect to another PC, it will remember the address, username and other details of the connection.
When you open the tool again, it has the previous info already typed in. Well, in this case, I need to CLEAR this list for security reasons.

Microsoft has this in KB article 312169: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312169

However, as you might have guessed, this didn't work. I mean, the entry was there (because I had done a search in the reg before looking up this article). But that didn't remove the history, it is still there.

Lets say your server was BRxd1.yo.com. Well I did a search through the registry for anything with BRxd1, found nothing. I ran the latest crap cleaner making sure to remove the 48 hour check. I restarted the PC. The history list still shows it. It won't go away!

So what do you recon?

Nevermind fellas. The last connection is stored in the user's My Documents as "Default.rdp".
Just delete the file, a new one will be created when you connect again. History list is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back