Remove adobe photo downloader from taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewzall

Somewhere in either an adobe update or a software install, adobe photodownloader has appeared in my taskbar. I've managed to stop it from being the default when I download photos from my camera, but I would like to get it off of the taskbar and run it only if I want to. I'm getting tired of manually turning it off after I've started the computer.
I'm having a brain fart on how to stop if from starting automatically when I boot up; anything I've tried seems not to work. If someone could please advise me as to how to stop this from starting at system startup, I would appreciate it.
I'm running windows 2000.
Thanks.

Windows 2000 does not have the MSCONFIG program that was provided with Windows 98.

You can use the Windows XP version of MSCONFIG.

Download the attached msconfig.zip file. Extract it and place the file in c:\winnt\system32 folder.

Click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and press the enter key. When the window appears click the startup tab. Locate and uncheck(disable) any entries you don`t want to start with Windows. Click apply/ok and reboot your system.

Once your system has restarted, you will see a window that says you have used msconfig to make changes etc. Tick the little box that says not to run msconfig the next time you start your computer and click ok.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back