Remove last administrator account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

Hello all! I finally built my pc and installed windows, and made a stupid mistake. I accidentally created a second administrator-rights account, named "Agi". But then I realized there is an admin account already called, well.... "Administrator". So is it possible to make Agi a limited account, or delete it and then make it a limited account? There was a delete option for all other admins (why the hell does xp make "the other users who will use this computer" administrators?), but no such thing for the second to last, Agi.

Any ideas?

Go to Control panel/ Admin Tools/Computer Management/System Tools/Local users & Groups/Users. Delete it there.

More HERE and HERE

Noooooo!!!!!!

The "Administrator" account is far more powerful than any account with "administrative privelidges".

It's not there for general usage. It concerns some of the deepest and most iportant aspects of the inner workings of XP. You should create a limited account (or perhaps a "power user" account if you're running XP pro), and keep the account "Agi" at it's current status for when you really need to do something administrative. There is very rarely a reason for most people to need to log in to "Administrator", and really speaking, it's not an account that you should really be in unless you have a reason to be there.

OK, my exclamation of "Noooo" was perhaps a little dramatic, but I wanted to make an impression.

Oddly enough, MS say the same thing... http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...proddocs/en-us/usercpl_overview.mspx?mfr=true

to change this account log with origin admin account and change this to limited via the users and password setting wiz
if that is confusing
go to (right click ) my computer ,manage users groups and change that account here
and I have never know xp or W2K to default any new accounts to admin
usually a prompt as to privileges for account

and never had an issue with changing from on type to another
as long as your logged as main admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back